City Government Services


Community Relations Office is the primary arm of the city government in bringing the government closer to the people. Our work mainly involves dealing with people in the community in order to determine their reactions to government plans, programs, and projects. Continous monitoring and gathering of data on community problems, complaints, and concerns which are directly accepted from the people serve as our basis in the formulation of relevant actions and plans responsive to the needs of the city dwellers. Our office ensures that services are promptly, properly and actually delivered or referred to the respective departments/offices of the city government concerned for immediate solutions/actions.


1. what are the services being given by your office?

Answer: This office only assists the city government in the delivery of programs or projects for 

our city constituents. These projects include the following:

a. Gandang Malapitan (free haircut, manicure, and chair massage) and

b. Livelihood Demo provided by competent trainors of Labor ad Industrial Relations Office;

c. Medical and Dental Mission by the City Health Department; and

d. Anti-Rabies Vaccination by the City Veterinary Office.

2. How are we going to avail of the said programs of projects?

Answer: Prepare a request letter addressed to the Hon. City Mayor Oscar G. Malapitan through 

Ms. Lilibeth M. Luakian, Secretary to the Mayor. Body of the letter should include the following 


a. program or project being requested

b. purpose

c. exact venue (with street name and brgy. number)

d. preferred date

e. contact number/s of the requesting party

Then, submit a triplicate copy of the letter request to the Office of the Secretary to the Mayor 

who shall then forward said request to Community Relations Office for scheduling and to be 

coordinated with the office/department concerned.

3. How long do we have to wait before our request/s will be granted?

Answer: Soon after our Officer-in-Charge or Deputy has reviewed, evaluated and approved 

your request/s. However, you may possibly receive late response to your request due to the 


a. Incomplete information such as project or program being requested, exact venue, date, 

time, and contact number of the requesting party.

b. Conflict on schedule due to unavailability of the following:

* trainors and trainees for Gandang Malapitan 

* doctors who are sometimes on seminar/s or lack of medicines for Medical Mission

* anti-rabies vaccines for vaccination of pet animals.

c. Non-approval of request/s for at least 6 months in order to accommodate the 188 

barangays with the aforementioned free services.

4. How many beneficiaries may be catered in each services being offered?

a. Gandang Malapitan (90 - 100 constituents)

b. Livelihood Demo (25 - 30 participants)

c. Medical Mission(200 - 250 patients)

d. Anti-Rabies Vaccination (North: at least 500 pets / South: 200 - 300 pets)

5. How many services can they avail in a year?

Answer: Those requesting for free services may avail only one project for every 6 months.



The City Legal Office serves as the chief legal counsel of the City Government.

Among its objectives are: to formulate measures for consideration of the Sangguniang

Panlungsod, provide legal assistance and support to the City Mayor in the delivery of

basic services and provide adequate facilities as provided for under Section 17 of the

Local Government Code.

This office is also tasked to develop and implement plans and strategies related to legal

services which the City Mayor and Sangguniang Panlungsod are empowered to provide

under the Local Government Code. Furthermore, the City Legal Office represents the city

government in all civil actions and special proceedings wherein the city or any official

thereof, in his official capacity, is a party.

When required by the City Mayor or Sangguniang Panlungsod, this office drafts

ordinances, contracts, bonds, leases and other instruments involving any interest of

the city government, and provide comments and recommendations or any instruments

already drawn. This office also renders opinion in writing on any question or law when

requested by the City Mayor or Sangguniang Panlungsod.

The City Legal Office also investigates or cause to be investigated any city official or

employee for administrative neglect or misconduct in office, and recommend appropriate

action to the Sangguniang Panlungsod, as the case may be. When directed by the City

Mayor or Sangguniang Panlungsod, this office will initiate and prosecute on the interest

of the City Government any civil action on any bond, lease of contract upon any breach

or violation thereof.

This office also reviews and submits recommendations on ordinances approved,

and executive orders issued by component Barangays. The City Legal Office also

recommends measures to the Sangguniang Panlungsod and advises the City Mayor on all

other matters related to the upholding the rule of law.


1Q: Can a spouse re-marry after their separation in fact with the other spouse and

there is still a valid and subsisting marriage?

1A: No. It is only through a petition filed in court for annulment of marriage and after

the same has been granted may a spouse be able to marry again.

2Q: After the death of a parent, how will the heirs divide the estate left by the


2A: The heirs will execute an Extrajudicial Settlement of Estate. If parties can not

agree on the partition, a case for judicial partition must be filed in court.

3Q: If a married couple is separated in fact, will the legitimate children/family get

support from the father?

3A: Yes. The father (if he has means to do so) has the obligation to support his

legitimate children/family. If the father unjustly refuses, a case for either Violence

Against Women and their Children or Special Civil Action for Support should be

filed to compel the father to provide support.

4Q: Errors to the certificate of live birth. What is the remedy?

4A: If the error is mere clerical or typographical, correction/s may be made

administratively through the local civil registrar where the fact of birth was

registered. If error is substantial or it affects the surname, gender, status, etc., a

case for correction of entries in the birth certificate should be filed in the Regional

Trial Court where the fact of birth was registered.

5Q: A spouse is cohabiting with another person or having an affair with another who

is not his/her spouse. Any remedy?

5A: A case for concubinage / adultery (where applicable) or Violence Against Women

and their Children (VAWC) may be filed against the erring spouse and the other


Contact Us


A. Efficient monitoring of infrastructure and maintenance projects;

B. Effective supervision of infrastructure and maintenance projects;

C. Timely implementation of infrastructure and maintenance projects


Question 1. What are the requirements in applying for a building/electrical/

plumbing/signage permit?

Answer 1. Applications for the issuance of building/electrical/plumbing/signage

permit are the functions of the Office of the City Building Official which is

an independent department from the City Engineer’s Office.

Question 2. Does your department issue any permits?

Answer 2. Yes. Our department only issues excavation permit. Application of

the said permit is by filing a formal letter request indicating therein the exact

place/address where the excavation would be made.

Question 3.To whom will we address letter/reports of damaged/dilapidated

City buildings, roads, pavements, pathwalks and sidewalks and/or clogged

drainages, and what are indicated in the said letter/reports?

Answer 3.Letter/reports should be addressed to theOIC-City Engineer, Engr.

Athena G. Ativo,indicated therein are the exact location, what is the damage, and

if possible, photo of the dilapidated structure and/or clogged drainage.

Question 4. If there is an illegal structure and/or informal settlers at a City

Property, what action does your office do?

Answer 4. An inspection will be made and if it be proved that there is an

encroachment to government properties, proper notices will be issued to the

owners of the illegal structure and/or informal settlers and if they do not vacate

within the given period, their properties would be demolished.

List of Recent Activities

1. Constructionof Five (5)-Storey School Building with Forty Three (43)

Classrooms and Twelve (12) Special Laboratory Rooms for the University of

Caloocan City South;

2. Construction of Four (4)-Storey School Building with Forty (40) Classrooms

and Multi-Purpose Hall for the University of Caloocan City North;

3. Rehabilitation of Historical Site (Bonifacio Monument Circle) Monumento

Caloocan City;

4. Rehabilitation of Puericulture Center at 425 A. Mabini St., Caloocan City.

Contact Us

Charisse Anne M. Vidal, 
288-88-11 loc. 2263 or 2296.