The People’s Law Enforcement Board (PLEB) is a check and balance mechanism. It is part of the rule of law under which an ordinary citizen can have redress of his grievance against law enforcers who abuse their authority. The PLEB involves the active participation of the community and empowers the individual citizen and the community as a whole in instilling discipline in the ranks of our law enforcers, or providing rewards and incentives for exceptional performance.

The PLEB also serves as the central receiving entity for any citizen's complaint against the officers and members of the PNP.  Any complaint filed before PLEB Caloocan for which the latter has no jurisdiction shall be referred to the proper disciplinary authority.

(DILG Memorandum Circular 2017-154 and R.A. 8551)


  1. Q: What is the jurisdiction of PLEB Caloocan? Can it hear and decide cases against police officers not stationed in Caloocan?


A: PLEB Caloocan can hear and decide administrative cases against any member of the PNP for offenses committed within the City of Caloocan. Hence, even if the police officer is not stationed in Caloocan, PLEB Caloocan can still hear and decide administrative cases filed against them if the offense is committed within Caloocan City.


  1. Q: What types of cases may be filed before the PLEB?


A: Any citizen may file administrative cases against any erring PNP member for the following offenses:


  1. Neglect of Duty
  2. Irregularities in the Performance of Duty
  3. Misconduct
  4. Dishonesty
  5. Conduct Unbecoming of a Police Officer
  6. Incompetence
  7. Oppression
  8. Disloyalty to the Government


  1. Q: How can I file a case before the PLEB?


A: By filing a sworn complaint affidavit which shall contain the following:


  • Full name, address and contact information of the complainant/s;
  • Full name, rank and station or assignment of the respondent police officer/s; and
  • A narration of the Material facts (the place, date and time of commission of the offense).


The complaint shall also be supported with the following:


  • Affidavits of witnesses (if any);
  • Certificate of non-forum shopping; and
  • All other documentary evidence.
  1. Q: How much is the filing fee for complaints filed before the PLEB?

A: There is NO FILING FEE for complaints filed before the PLEB.




Josie D. Tayao or

Norman S. Ibasco

8-288-88-11 Loc. 2244




The Urban Poor Affairs Office (UPAO) is tasked to accommodate/entertain urban poor affairs such as land dispute complaints, ejectment cases, report of association anomalies and other queries and make necessary actions/advice regarding the matter. It is also tasked to conduct necessary ocular inspections and site investigations and hold community dialogues, consultations and other discussions.

The UPAO initiates community organizing and project orientation. It coordinates with concerned agencies and barangay officials regarding local and national development projects wherein compulsory relocation of ISFs (or private lot owners) is necessary.

The UPAO also monitors actual demolition of structures and relocation of ISFs to resettlement area ensuring that thye implementation is in accordance with UDHA.

Before the actual relocation, the UPAO coordinates with concerned agencies for the provision of food assistance, transfer of students and livelihood programs to the relocates.

Furthermore, the UPAO negotiates with the private lot owners for possible CMP Projects, and prepares all certification for Meralco and Maynilad applications.


1Q: Is there a housing program for the underprivileged Caloocan City residents, low- salaried government employees and teachers without real property, that we can avail of?

1A: At present, our City Mayor is considering many options to provide low-cost housing projects for the benefit of the urban poor as well as the low-salaried government employees. As such, the Local Housing Board will convene to tackle that issue.

2Q: How can we qualify for any housing project of the city (if any) and how much do we have to pay?

2A: if you are considered underprivileged (with joint family income of P10,000.00) and have no real property, you can apply for the housing project, however, any application shall be evaluated by a committee composed of the UPAO, NHA, HUDCC, CHR and other agencies. For those approved applications, any expenses such as monthly amortizations, monthly redemption insurance, etc., shall be determined by the committee depending on the zonal valuation of the site, schedule of payments, and other factors that must be considered. No required fee for disapproved applications.

3Q: How can we refund our payments from the previous CMP Projects that until now has not been taken-out, despite our complete compliance to the requisites? Whatcan we expect from the present administration regarding this problem?

3A: We are still in the process of investigating and evaluating the matters at hand. The payment was not remitted to the city, and the city has not issued any official receipt. It needs further study whether to file cases to the people involved. The mayor himself will look into this, and shall decide based on the conclusions of the investigation panel.

4Q: Is there a Local Housing Board in Caloocan City where we can participate in the policy making and the preparation of the city’s chelter plan?

4A: We are now in the stage of completing the list of members that will compose the Local Housing Board. Seminar4s for its future members are being scheduled. Once approved by the Sangguniang Panlunsod, the LHB shall convene immediately to address the housing problems in the city, with the participation of Urban Poor Organizations and other associations.

5Q: Other proclaimed socialized housing sites for disposition to bona-fide residents of Caloocan, such as those in Camarin 1 & 2, Civic Center and PNR Non-Core Properties were neglected by the past administration. Will the present administration consider the awarding of these projects to its present qualified occupants before the term ends?

5A: The present administration is fully aware of this situation and all Local Inter-Agency Committee (LIAC) handling this project through Urban Poor Affairs Office will soom convene and review all the policies and management to hasten the selection process for eventual awarding to its actual occupants.

Contact Us



The Sports & Recreation Services promote the National Policy Program of “SPORTS 

FOR ALL”. Our office is tasked to develop potential athletes through a well-synchronized year-round calendar of sports activities and physical fitness programs for the city residents, especially the youth.


1Q: Where can we request trophies for our sports activities?

1A: Make a letter of request, addressed to our Mayor, Hon. Oscar G. Malapitan thru Ms. Lilibeth M. Luakian, Secretary to the Mayor.

2Q: Can we solicit funds from your office for our sports activities?

2A: Our office has no funds to accommodate solicitations. But you can submit your letter of request to our Mayor, Hon. Oscar G. Malapitan thru Ms. Lilibeth M. Luakian, Secretary to the Mayor.

3Q: Can we request from your office free services of referees for our sports activities?

3A: We can only assist and refer referees to officiate in your sports activities.

4Q: How do we request sports equipment for our barangays?

4A: Make a letter of request, addressed to our Mayor, Hon. Oscar G. Malapitan thru 

Ms. Lilibeth M. Luakian, Secretary to the Mayor.

5Q: What are the different sports activities for the youth?

5A: The sports activities that we have for the youth are the ff:

- Batang PBA

- Batang Pinoy

- Little League (Baseball & softball)

- Philippine National Games

- Sports Clinics



Republic Act No. 9994, otherwise known as “An act to maximize the contribution of Senior Citizens to nation building, grant benefits and special privileges and for other purposes”, states that the following functions of the OSCA Office, to wit:

"(a) To plan, implement and monitor yearly work programs in pursuance of the objectives of this Act;

"(b) To draw up a list of available and required services which can be provided by the senior citizens;

"(c) To maintain and regularly update on a quarterly basis the list of senior citizens and to issue national individual identification cards, free of charge, which shall be valid anywhere in the country;

"(d) To serve as a general information and liason center for senior citizens;

"(e) To monitor compliance of the provisions of this Act particularly the grant of special discounts and privileges to senior citizens;

"(f) To report to the mayor, any individual, establishments, business entity, institutions or agency found violating any provision of this Act; and

"(g) To assist the senior citizens in filing complaints or charges against any individual, establishments, business entity, institution, or agency refusing to comply with the privileges under this Act before the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Provincial Prosecutor's Office, the regional or the municipal trial court, the municipal trial court in cities, or the municipal circuit trial court."


1Q: What are the documentary requirements for the issuance of a senior citizen ID?

1A: A senior citizen or his/her duly authorized representative must present to the OSCA office the following documents:

New Applicants (who just turned 60 yrs old)

- duly accomplished application form

- 2 pcs 1x1 ID picture

- Birth certificate/baptismal/marriage certificate

- SSS, GSIS, PRC, Postal, Voter’s ID

- Passport

For lost ID, renewal of ID, transfer of residency

- duly accomplished application form

- 2 pcs 1x1 ID picture


- old senior citizen ID



2Q: How many days will the senior citizen ID be issued from the submission of requirements?

2A: For new applicants, a maximum of three (3) days is needed for the validation of documents. Also, the senior citizen is requested to attend a one-hour orientation before the issuance of ID.

For lost ID replacement, the new ID will be released immediately.

For renewal of expired ID, the new ID will be released after two weeks.



3Q: Can a senior citizen send a representative to purchase goods on his/her behalf?


3A: Yes. Provided that the representative have the ff:

- An authorization letter signed by the senior citizen who he/she represents;

- OSCA ID and OSCA-issued purchase booklet of the senior citizen;

- A valid government-issued ID card of the representative.



4Q: Do establishments have the right to refuse to give SC discount on senior citizensbearing a card issued in a different municipality?

4A: No. The establishments have no right to refuse. All senior citizen cards should be honored in all establishments in any municipality within the Philippines.


5Q: What should I do if in case there is an establishment that refuses to give 20% discount?

5A: The senior should file a written complaint at the OSCA office. It is mandated by law that the OSCA office is to assist the senior citizen in filing complaints or charges against any establishment, institution or agency refusing to comply with the privileges under the law.