The People’s Law Enforcement Board (PLEB) is a check and balance mechanism. It is part of the rule of law under which an ordinary citizen can have redress of his grievance against law enforcers who abuse their authority. The PLEB involves the active participation of the community and empowers the individual citizen and the community as a whole in instilling discipline in the ranks of our law enforcers, or providing rewards and incentives for exceptional performance.
The PLEB also serves as the central receiving entity for any citizen's complaint against the officers and members of the PNP. Any complaint filed before PLEB Caloocan for which the latter has no jurisdiction shall be referred to the proper disciplinary authority.
(DILG Memorandum Circular 2017-154 and R.A. 8551)
- Q: What is the jurisdiction of PLEB Caloocan? Can it hear and decide cases against police officers not stationed in Caloocan?
A: PLEB Caloocan can hear and decide administrative cases against any member of the PNP for offenses committed within the City of Caloocan. Hence, even if the police officer is not stationed in Caloocan, PLEB Caloocan can still hear and decide administrative cases filed against them if the offense is committed within Caloocan City.
- Q: What types of cases may be filed before the PLEB?
A: Any citizen may file administrative cases against any erring PNP member for the following offenses:
- Neglect of Duty
- Irregularities in the Performance of Duty
- Conduct Unbecoming of a Police Officer
- Disloyalty to the Government
- Q: How can I file a case before the PLEB?
A: By filing a sworn complaint affidavit which shall contain the following:
- Full name, address and contact information of the complainant/s;
- Full name, rank and station or assignment of the respondent police officer/s; and
- A narration of the Material facts (the place, date and time of commission of the offense).
The complaint shall also be supported with the following:
- Affidavits of witnesses (if any);
- Certificate of non-forum shopping; and
- All other documentary evidence.
- Q: How much is the filing fee for complaints filed before the PLEB?
A: There is NO FILING FEE for complaints filed before the PLEB.